- 2.2kg turkey crown
- 185g softened unsalted butter
- 25g chopped basil
- 680 grams of thick sliced white bread
- 2 tablespoons pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Pre heat the oven to 210°C
- Cream 3/4 of the butter with the chopped basil, salt and pepper
- Gently push half of the butter mixture under skin of the bird and spread the remaining mixture on top
- Place the turkey skin-side-up in a large roasting tin and cook at 210°C for 10 – 15 minutes until the top is brown
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil
- Turn the oven down to 200°C and cook the turkey for an hour and 10 minutes
- Whilst the turkey is roasting, prepare the croutons by removing the crusts from the bread and cutting into 1cm cubes
- Fry the croutons in the remaining butter until golden and drizzle with maple syrup
- Add the croutons to the roasting tin and cook with the turkey for a further 10-15 minutes
- Check the turkey is cooked through then transfer to a carving board, cover with tin foil and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Slice and serve with the croutons
A maple take on the classic Christmas turkey! This roast turkey recipe sees the turkey crown glazed in basil butter and paired with crispy, maple-infused croutons.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.