- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 pak choi, chopped
- 2 red onions, sliced
- Handful of coriander
For the Maple glaze:
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 20g fresh grated ginger
- 1 red chilli sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to season
- In a bowl, whisk maple syrup, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, chilli and sesame seeds together. Transfer to a sealable food bag and add salmon fillets.
- Place in refrigerator for at least an hour and leave to infuse.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on high with the olive oil and place salmon fillets skin-side down along with the red onions and pak choi.
- Gently fry and flip the salmon side after 3 minutes.
- Garnish with lime and coriander.
Spice up your midweek meals with this quick and easy pan-fried salmon recipe. Light, aromatic flavours borrowed from Asian cuisine lend a sweet and subtly spicy zing to the salmon fillets. Perfect for lunch and dinner, this maple salmon dish is an excellent all-rounder to add to your wheelhouse.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.