- 8 parsnips
- 85g fresh or dehydrated parmesan (grated)
- 2 tablespoons pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1tsp salt
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 230C
- Blanche the parsnips in salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes until part cooked
- Drain off the remaining water and pat dry
- Drizzle over the olive oil and maple syrup and roast in the oven for 10 minutes until starting to colour
- Coat in the grated parmesan, add salt and pepper and roast for a further 25 minutes until golden brown
A creamy parmesan parsnips recipe enhanced by the natural sweetness of Canadian maple syrup. With a seasonal combination of delicious flavours, these maple syrup parsnips are an essential side to serve at Christmas dinner – or any other dinner!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.