- 16 prunes pitted
- 150g gorgonzola
- 16 pancetta slices
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 handful of celery leaves
- Black pepper
- 50ml pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- Place the prunes in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then leave to rest in the water for 5 mins. Drain and pat dry.
- Cut the gorgonzola into 16 cubes and push one cube into each prune. Wrap each prune into a slice of pancetta. Use a cocktail stick to hold each one together.
- In a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and add the wrapped pruned. Colour on each side coating with maple syrup.
- Just before serving, put the prunes on a baking tray in an oven heated to 200°C/ gas mark 6 for 2 mins.
- Season with a good grind of black pepper and serve.
Sweet prunes stuffed in gorgonzola cheese and wrapped in salty pancetta and coated in delicate-tasting golden maple syrup.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.