- 8 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 50ml pure maple syrup
- 4 large rolls or brioche buns
- Little Gem lettuce
- 1 beef tomato
- Jerk seasoning
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Zest and juice of lime
- Maple slaw:
- 1⁄2 red cabbage, quartered, cored and shredded
- 1 Braeburn apple, cored and grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely sliced
- 100ml pure maple syrup
- 100g thick natural yoghurt
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 2 tsp maple vinegar
- In a food processor, make the jerk seasoning by blending coconut cream, chilli, spring onions, garlic and ginger.
- Add the lime zest and juice. Season to taste.
- Cut the thighs down to the bone and smear with jerk seasoning, then top with maple syrup.
- Roast in oven 200/180ºC fan for 30 minutes until cooked through, basting with maple.
- Remove the bone from chicken and build each burger with lettuce, mango and tomato.
- Mix cabbage, apple, carrots and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix maple syrup, natural yoghurt, lemon juice, maple vinegar and mustard.
- Season and mix in the cabbage mixture.
- Chill, and serve on the side of your burger.
The delicious sweet and spicy flavours in this jerk chicken burger make for a perfect summer lunch
Spicy and tangy Caribbean flavours combine with the sweetness of pure Canadian maple syrup for a flawless burger, with the slaw adding a delightful crunch.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.