- 350ml skimmed milk
- 350g sweet potato
- 2 free range yolks, separated
- 120g wholemeal flour
- 120g buckwheat flour
- 5g dried yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 10ml vegetable oil
- 300g Irish smoked salmon
- Crème fraiche
- Chive batons
Soy and maple glaze
- 300ml pure maple syrup
- 300ml soy sauce
- Garlic clove, crushed
- 10g chilli flakes
- Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water until tender, remove skins, dry and mash.
- Mix the milk, mashed sweet potato, egg yolks, pinch of salt, and a little oil.
- Add the sieved wholemeal and buckwheat flour to the dried yeast and add a pinch of salt.
- Whip egg whites and fold in gently.
- Heat a heavy frying pan until hot and add oil.
- Add around 30g of the batter mixture, cook until golden brown and turn when the surface starts to bubble.
- Keep warm.
SOY AND MAPLE GLAZE
- Combine all ingredients in a pan.
- Reduce by two thirds and then put aside for serving.
These sweet potato pancakes, served with rich smoked salmon and sweet, salty glaze are the perfect weekend brunch.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.