FOR THE PANCAKES
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain flour
FOR THE MISO SYRUP
- 1/4 pure Canadian maple syrup (any grade)
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- Sliced strawberries
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Vegan whipped cream
- Maple flakes
TO MAKE THE PANCAKES
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, maple syrup and oil in a seperate bowl then gently combine both the wet and dry ingredients.
- Grease a large frying pan and fry off scant 1/4 cup portions of batter per pancake.
TO MAKE THE SYRUP
- Blend together the maple syrup and miso paste.
- Serve the pancakes with a combination of strawberries and hazelnuts – and maple flakes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.