- 1 packet pre-rolled, puff pastry (375g)
- Knob of butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 500g leftover turkey, pulled into strips
- 200g leftover cooked ham, pulled into strips
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the carrots and leek and cook until the carrots start to soften.
- Pour in the crème fraiche, maple syrup and stock, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, leaving until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Next add the turkey, ham and thyme and season to taste. Pour the filling into a pie dish.
- Lay the pastry sheet over the top and use your fingers to seal the pastry around the edge of the dish.
- Trim off any excess pastry, you could use this to decorate the pie top if you want.
- Brush with the beaten egg and cook for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Make the most of leftover turkey and ham with this simple, comforting turkey ham and maple pie recipe.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.