- 350g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 – 200ml warm water
- 200g jackfruit
- 200ml barbecue sauce
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 500g kale
- 2 red chillies
- 20g hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 spring onions
- 25g pickled coriander (optional)
- Sieve the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and mix in warm water. Stir to form a dough.
- Knead for 3 – 4 minutes, cover and rest.
- Roll until 5mm thick and place in hot oven for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Blanche the kale in boiling salted water for two minutes. Remove and place in ice cold water.
- Cook the jackfruit in the barbeque sauce and maple syrup until tender.
- Pull the jackfruit apart using two forks.
- Pickle the red onions in sherry vinegar until tender.
- Thinly slice the spring onions and chillies then set aside.
- Place the blanched kale, jackfruit, red onions, chillies and spring onions on top of the cooked flatbread. Cover with barbeque sauce.
- Cook in hot oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with hemp seeds and pickled coriander to finish.
This speedy, easy recipe replaces street food-favourite pulled pork with BBQ jackfruit. The flatbread base makes it perfect as a light dinner, with the BBQ sauce and vegan-friendly pure maple syrup creating a rich, sweet and smoky flavour.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.