- 450ml double cream
- 100ml whole milk
- 3 cloves, finely ground
- 1 tsp finely grated nutmeg
- 150g milk chocolate grated
- 100g dark chocolate grated
- 30g salted butter
- 75ml pure maple syrup
- 25g maple butter
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Irish whiskey
- Preheat oven to 140ºC/ 120ºC.
- Pour the cream and milk into the pan.
- Add nutmeg and cloves, put on a low heat and leave to infuse for 4-5 minutes.
- Add dark and milk chocolate together, then add to the milk mixture, set aside.
- Place the maple butter, maple sugar, maple syrup and salt in a pan and heat until all has dissolved.
- Pour this syrup mixture into the warm chocolate mixture and combine.
- Combine the egg yolks, whiskey and vanilla and whisk. Add chocolate mixture.
- Pour into ramekins or glass dishes, place in a roasting tray and fill ⅔ with water.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until they set.
- Serve with a spoon of crème fraiche or sour cream, and a drizzle of maple syrup with some chocolate shavings.
- Top off the dessert by adding some fresh strawberries or raspberries, and a sprig of mint.
This rich yet creamy dessert is the perfect indulgent mid-week treat. The strong flavours of chocolate and maple are the perfect way to curb any craving.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.