- 450g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, diced
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber colour for its rich taste)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Sift the flour, baking powder ginger and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Season with a little sea salt.
- Add the sugar and butter and rub in with your fingers until the butter is fully absorbed and the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix the maple syrup and egg together and then stir into the mixture with a wooden spoon. Bring together with your hands and knead very gently to form a smooth, stiff dough. Shape into a ball and refrigerate for half an hour to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into quarters, allowing you to work with each quarter at a time. Keep the remaining dough in the fridge until you are ready to roll it.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 3mm. Cut into festive shapes and place the biscuits onto baking sheets lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake the biscuits for 12-14 minutes until golden brown, then remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Using a wooden skewer, make a small hole in each Christmas biscuit whilst they are still warm. Once completely cooled, decorate as desired, then tie a ribbon through the hole and hang on the tree.
The cutest Christmas tree biscuits! Perfect for baking with the kids, this Christmas biscuits recipe has only a few steps and takes around 30 minutes to prepare. These delicious maple syrup biscuits are also delicately spiced with cinnamon – it’s a flavour combination that you simply can’t beat.
If you like the look of these Christmas tree biscuits, make sure to check out our other Christmas recipes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.