- 8-10 multicoloured carrots
- 4-5 parsnips sliced into quarters
- 3-4 small beetroot scrubbed and sliced into halves
- 1 large onion sliced into quarters
- 1 large bulb of garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100ml pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- Fresh thyme and rosemary to serve
- Place your oven on 200°C to heat up, drizzle 2-3 tbsp olive oil into your oven dish and place in the oven.
- Meanwhile prep the veg.
- Once the oven is up to temperature, remove the oven dish and place all the veg into the tray along with olive oil and generous pinches of salt and pepper and maple syrup.
- Place in the oven for 20 mins before roughly turning the veg and place back in the oven for 5-10 mins.
- Top with fresh rosemary and thyme and an extra pinch of salt before serving.
These colourful root vegetables including carrots, parsnips and beetroot are sure to wow your dinner party guests.
Chef tips: serve as a starter with lemon and dill, topped with a paprika and maple sour cream.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.