- 2 celeriac peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 600ml whole milk
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Splash of double cream
- Knob of butter
- Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley chopped
- Maple syrup to finish
- Place the celeriac and garlic in a pan with just enough milk to cover and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil and put a lid on the pan the simmer gently for 20 mins, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Drain any remaining milk and reserve.
- Using a hand blender, blitz the celeriac to make a purée, pouring in just enough of the reserved milk to give a smooth consistency.
- Add the spices, cream and butter, then blitz again. Stir through parsley and season to taste. Drizzle maple syrup to finish.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.