- 3 mugs of oats (about 350g)
- 6 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds
- 5 tbsp mixed seeds (e.g. sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- 4 tbsp mixed, chopped nuts (e.g. almonds and hazelnuts)
- 9 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp dried fruit (e.g. raisins, sultanas, dried cranberries)
- Turn the oven to 150C/130C fan. Measure the oats and put into a big bowl. Measure the desiccated coconut and add to the oats.
- Add the sesame seeds and the mixed seeds to the bowl. Then add the chopped nuts. With a big spoon stir all these ingredients to mix together.
- Measure the oil into a jug. Add the maple syrup to the oil. Add the vanilla extract and mix together with a spoon.
- Pour the oil mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix everything together.
- Tip this mixture into a big ovenproof tin. Bake for 40 minutes, take out of the oven, stir the granola carefully and put back into the oven for another 10 – 15 minutes until the mixture is dry, light golden and crisp.
- Leave to cool, add the dried fruit to the granola and mix together.
This granola is great for breakfast topped with your favourite dairy or plant-based milk. For a breakfast sundae layer the granola with yoghurt and fresh fruit.
This recipe was created in partnership with Cook School. Find out more and download our workbooks for various age ranges.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.