- 10 cm square of puff pastry
- 30g butter
- 6 pears, peeled, cored and cubed
- 125ml pure maple syrup
- 500ml whipping cream or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Place puff pastry on a baking sheet and cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) cubes. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and another baking sheet of the same size as first.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan. Add pear cubes and fry for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add maple syrup and caramelize for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Before serving, assemble the verrines by adding puff pastry cubes, maple pear cubes and whipped cream, in that order.
Hot, caramelised pears come together with cold, smooth cream to create a rich, indulgent dessert perfect for dinner parties.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.