- 400g bulgur wheat
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 baby fennel bulbs finely sliced, plus extra for dressing
- 400g baby carrots, washed and tops removed
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oranges peeled and cut into segments, save juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Handful of green and black olives, pitted
- Fennel tops for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6
- In a pan, bring the vegetable stock to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook the bulgur wheat on a low simmer until the stock has been absorbed
- In a roasting tin, place the baby fennel and carrots and drizzle with half the olive oil and half the maple syrup. Roast for 10 – 15 minutes
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining olive oil, maple syrup and orange juice with the red wine vinegar
- Add extra chopped fennel to marinade and stir together. Set dressing aside
- Transfer cooked bulgur wheat to a warmed serving bowl and add roasted fennel and carrots. Stir through olives
- Lightly stir in the orange segments, drizzle over dressing and garnish with baby fennel tops and serve
Sweet maple syrup and sharp citrus provide the perfect flavour pairing in this dazzling bulgur wheat salad recipe. An excellent option for those looking to add a citric twist to their salads. The inclusion of fennel and carrots makes this dish a great healthy salad to add to your rotation.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.