- 500g chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp delicate-tasing golden maple syrup, plus extra for topping
- 300ml water or non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vegetable oil, for greasing
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients. Slowly adding water, whisk together to form a thick batter
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add a ladle of batter mix. Leave to spread out into a thick circular shape. Look for air bubbles, browning and dry edges on one side then flip to cook other side for 1 minute.
- Plate and serve with your favourite toppings and of course, extra maple syrup.
Eating a vegan diet doesn’t mean you have to miss out on pancakes! Pure Canadian maple syrup is completely natural, so suitable for vegans and completely delicious. Just whip up a batch and add your favourite toppings, we love ours with fresh berries.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.