- 450g dried haricot beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1.4L water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 170ml pure maple syrup
- 115g ketchup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a large, ovenproof pot, add beans and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add pork, onion, maple syrup, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and transfer to oven. Cook 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Remove lid. Cook another 45 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.