- 300g very ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 80g maple sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 1⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C/Gas 3 and line a loaf tin with baking parchment
- In a mixing bowl, mash together bananas, vanilla, maple syrup and vegetable oil
- Slowly add eggs, one by one, followed by maple sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix together
- Pour contents into the tin and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and serve when cooled
Mornings are made for maple banana bread. Sweet banana and robust, dark maple syrup make a great start to the day.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.