- 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Butter one silicone swirl 6-cup mould or line a cupcake tin with 12 paper cupcake cases.
- Zest 4 clementine’s or oranges and squeeze the juice of 1. Reserve a little of the zest for decoration.
- Place the butter, caster sugar and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy, about 5-7 minutes by hand or 3 minutes with an electric whisk. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition; add a little flour if the mixture curdles. Fold in the rest of the flour, and clementine zest leaving some to garnish.
- Divide half the mixture between the silicone moulds and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Repeat with the remaining mixture if using the silicone moulds. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then turn out of the mould and put on a wire rack with baking paper underneath.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Add 5-6 teaspoons of the clementine juice to the icing sugar; beat until it makes a thin, runny icing. Pour over the warm cakes for decoration.
- 4 firm clementines or orange
- 150g soft butter
- 130g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 150g self-raising flour
- 30g delicate-tasting golden maple syrup
- 150g icing sugar for glaze
Rate this Recipe
Submit your review
Maple From Canada
Average rating: 0 reviews
There are currently no reviews for this recipe.