- 150g soft butter
- 200g maple sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 150g self-raising flour
- Zest of 4 oranges (plus extra zest for decoration)
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
For the icing:
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease a large bundt tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Beat together the butter and maple sugar in a bowl until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and maple syrup
- Continue to mix, folding in the flour and orange zest. Add baking powder, salt and stir
- Pour cake mixture into the bundt tin and bake for 50 minutes until golden brown
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before turning the cake upside down onto a plate and transferring to a wire rack to cool
- To make the topping, blend together the icing sugar and maple syrup to make a smooth and pourable glaze. Drizzle over the bundt cake, leave to set
- Garnish with extra orange zest. Decorate the cake with edible flowers for a pretty, fresh finish
Whatever you’re celebrating, mark the occasion in style with this deliciously zesty maple party cake.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.