- 12 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- A few sprigs of fresh woody herbs, such as sage, thyme and rosemary
- 12 chipolata sausages
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp delicate-tasting golden maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4
- Working one at a time, lay the bacon out on a board and run a sharp side of your knife along the length of the rasher to stretch it out.
- Dot with a few herb leaves, then place a sausage at one end and roll the bacon around it until its totally wrapped up. Place in a roasting tray and repeat till they’re all done.
- Cook for 20 mins, or until golden and cooked through.
- Scrape the pings in blankets from the bottom of the tray, leaving them in there, add Worcestershire sauce and maple syrup and give it a good shake to mix.
- Heat on the hob and bring to the boil until caramelised. Serve immediately.
A Christmas classic and a party essential, delicate-tasting maple syrup adds a subtle hint of sweetness to these meaty sausages and streaky bacon.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.