- 1kg Maris Piper potatoes
- 100g duck or goose fat, or 100ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- Maldon salt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/3180°F/gas 6 and place a large roasting tin in the oven.
- Peel the potatoes and cut each into 4 even-sized pieces.
- Drop the potatoes into a large pan and pour in enough water to barely cover them.
- Add salt and wait for the water to boil. When it starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer the potatoes uncovered for 2 mins.
- Put 100g duck or goose fat or 100ml olive oil into a hot roasting tin and heat in the oven for a few minutes so it’s hot.
- Carefully put the potatoes into the hot fat, then turn and roll them so they are coated.
- Spread them in a single layer making sure each potato has enough room.
- Roast the potatoes for 15 mins then turn and turn them over and roast for another 10-20 mins until golden and crisp. 10 mins from the end, pour over maple syrup to help the golden glaze.
- Finish with salt and serve.
Maple syrup and potatoes make for a great combination in this wonderful roast potato recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle and drizzled with pure maple syrup, these roast potatoes are a thing of beauty. The perfect side dish for a wide range of meals.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.