- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 25g ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 200g red split lentils
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 500ml coconut milk
- 1 lemon
- Coconut yoghurt (dairy free)
- Black sesame seeds
- Cook diced onion until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook for another two minutes.
- Add turmeric and garam masala. Stir in the lentils and pour over the stock. Cook for 20 – 30 minutes, or until the lentils begin to break down.
- Add the coconut milk and maple syrup, bring the mixture to the boil then take off the heat and liquidise until the mixture is thick but pourable.
- Wilt the spinach and stir into the soup. Garnish with sesame seeds, chilli and yoghurt.
This zesty lentil-based soup is packed with fresh flavours and vibrant colours. The creamy coconut, fiery chillies and sweet pure maple syrup combined with the lentils create a fantastic filling dish with a punch.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.