- 50g spinach (washed)
- 1 large brown onion (finely diced)
- 1 head of celery (washed and finely chopped)
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 1l vegetable stock
- 2 tbs crème fraîche
- 100ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 25g mixed chopped nuts
- 2 tbsp single cream
- Add the onions to a pan with the cumin and paprika and gently fry in a splash of oil until fragrant
- Add the celery and the maple syrup and begin to caramelise
- Add the vegetable stock and vegetable oil and simmer for 30mins until the vegetables are soft
- Put into liquidiser and puree the mixture
- Add in the crème fraîche and spinach and blend again until completely mixed together
- Warm up the soup to the desired temperature
- Serve in bowls and top with a drizzle of cream and chopped nuts
Fresh celery, mixed nuts and delicious maple syrup make this a warming vibrant soup, packed full of goodness.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.