- ½ a red cabbage
- ½ white cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- 4 spring onions
- Few shoots of winter cabbage, like kale and cavelo nero
- 100ml delicate-tasting golden maple syrup
- 300ml milk
- 4 anchovies
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 handful of sunflower, poppy or sesame seeds
- ½ bunch of fresh mint
- Quarter and finely shred the cabbages, peel and finely slice the carrots and trim and finely slice the spring onions. Place in a large bowl.
- Add maple syrup and infuse in a bowl.
- Put your milk in a pan on a medium heat with the anchovies. Peel and add the garlic, then bring to a simmer.
- Let it cook for 10 mins until the garlic cloves are soft, then pour everything into a liquidiser.
- Add vinegar, oil, mustard and blend for a few minutes. Stop to have a taste.
- Add pinches of sea salt and black pepper then pour over the sliced veg.
- Toss and dress everything together.
- Heat the seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes until warm and scatter over salad. Pick and tear mint leaves and add on top for fresh flavour
A crunchy winter salad infused with delicate-tasting golden maple syrup.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.