- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 100g chopped onion
- 100g chopped mushroom
- 1 chilli
- 2 slices ham / cooked meats
- Handful baby spinach
- 10ml pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook for about five minutes, until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Chop the chillies, discarding the stalks and seeds, and slice the ham into strips. Stir them into the onions and mushrooms then add the spinach. Cook for a few minutes, until heated through. If any water accumulates in the pan, carefully drain. Season with pepper.
- Divide the mixture among two oven-safe ramekins (small bowls) that have been lightly greased with butter.
- Make a small indent in the centre of each mixture and carefully crack an egg into each, making sure to keep the yolks intact. Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about eight minutes should suffice.
- To serve, drizzle maple syrup on top allowing to absorb into recipe.
Full of protein and low on carbs, this recipe for baked eggs with spinach and maple syrup is perfect for breakfast or a pre-workout meal.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.