- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125g natural breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 175ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 courgette, grated and squeezed to remove excess water
- 1⁄2 leek, thinly sliced
- 150g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas 4
- Lightly oil a 25cm round non-stick dish and coat with breadcrumbs. Set aside
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, maple syrup and stir in the grated carrots, grated courgette and the sliced leeks
- Add in the grated cheese, season with salt and pepper and thoroughly stir together
- Pour mixture into the non-stick dish and scatter with cherry tomatoes
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes until the middle has set then allow quiche to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with a green salad
A classic crustless quiche with a maple twist! This quiche recipe calls on carrots, cherry tomatoes and pure maple syrup for a naturally sweet flavour that’s complemented perfectly by the tangy cheddar cheese. A truly indulgent vegetarian quiche.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.