- Non-stick cooking spray
- 125g oatmeal
- 125g sunflower seeds
- 80g plain flour
- 170ml pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 2 large eggs
- 125g dried cranberries
- 125g dried apricots, chopped
- 125g flaked almonds
- 100g desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C/Gas 3
- Cover a shallow rectangular baking tray with non-stick cooking spray
- In a food processor, blend oatmeal, sunflower seeds, flour, maple syrup and eggs to form a stiff mixture
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add cranberries, half the desiccated coconut, apricots and almonds. Use hands to thoroughly combine all ingredients
- Place in baking tray and press down into the corners. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the edges are golden
- Sprinkle with the remaining coconut 5 minutes before the end
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and cut into slices when ready to serve
- These boost bars are ideal for lunch-box treats or travel snacks
Packed with nutritional ingredients – fruit, nuts and delicious maple syrup – these bars provide an energy-boosting start to the day.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.