- 100g softened unsalted butter
- 3 1⁄2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 2 eggs
- 50g chia seeds
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 100g blueberries
- Preheat oven at 180°C/Gas 4
- Beat the butter and maple syrup together. Add eggs and beat for a further minute
- Mix in chia seeds and yoghurt
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and 1⁄2 tsp of salt together
- Add this to the wet ingredients, stir to combine and fold in blueberries
- Line a 12 mould muffin tray with paper cases and divide muffin mix evenly
- Bake for an initial 5 minutes then reduce temperature to 160C/Gas 3 and bake for a further 18 – 20 minutes until risen and a skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool on a wire rack
This fabulous blueberry muffin recipe gives a maple makeover to traditional blueberry muffins. From the mixing bowl to the cooling rack in under an hour, these easy blueberry muffins are a simple and immensely satisfying bake that make for a great start to your day.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.