- 500g cooked white potatoes, cooled
- 50g cooked red cabbage
- 25g grated carrot
- 1tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 egg
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1tbsp cream
- 1tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to season
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and blend together using hands.
- Heat up a small frying pan with oil. Make small patty balls in your hands and pat down using palms. Place into the heated pan and gently fry each side until golden and crispy. When ready, turn each patty over to crisp up the other side.
- Tips: Used leftover cooked veggies for Sunday lunch or make it part of a main meal and serve with bacon, topped with a poached or fried egg.
Enjoy using up leftover potatoes and veggies, or simply start this family favourite from scratch. The maple and cream make for a more indulgent but incredibly tasty take on this breakfast classic.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.