- 1kg cubed pumpkin flesh
- 150g cooked, peeled chestnuts
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 200ml double cream
- 30g shelled hazelnuts
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Bunch of chives chopped
- 100ml delicate-tasting golden maple syrup
- Add pumpkin to a large pot with vegetable stock and chestnuts. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the hazelnuts and toast in a dry frying pan over medium heat till browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Purée soup mixture with a hand blender or food processor, add cream, maple syrup and blend together. Adjust seasoning with pepper.
- To serve, garnish with hazelnuts , chopped chive and drizzle with more maple syrup to finish.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.