- 100g softened unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 – 4 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate taste)
- 50g maple sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- Grease a 1 litre microwavable pudding basin/bowl with butter and add 3 – 4 tbsp of maple syrup into the base
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and maple sugar together until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs, milk and flour and mix well together
- Pour the mix into the pudding bowl, on top of the syrup. Level up using the back of a spoon
- Place pudding bowl into a microwave and on a heatproof plate without a lid. Microwave for 6 minutes and leave to stand for 1 – 2 minutes before serving
- Cover with a plate and turn upside down and out onto your serving plate
- Drizzle more maple syrup if desired and serve with clotted cream, ice cream or hot custard
This simple maple sponge pudding takes minutes to prepare so it’s ideal for any day of the week.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.