For the stir fry:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 15g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 750g vegetables of choice, cut into strips
For the Sauce:
- 80ml rice wine (sake or mirin) or dry sherry
- 80ml light soy sauce
- 60ml maple syrup
- 15ml cornflour slurry
- Mix all sauce ingredients.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large frying pan and sauté the chicken until golden brown in colour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and bring to a boil to thicken. Stir well to coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve with steamed rice or vermicelli noodles.
Sweet and sticky, this stir-fry recipe with Maple syrup makes the perfect midweek meal
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.