For the butter:
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 85g peanuts
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
For the salad:
- 1 head of broccoli
- 120g edamame beans
- 60g peanuts
- Sprinkle of black sesame seeds to garnish
To make the maple nut butter:
- Pan fry the peanuts until golden brown
- Add to a food processor with olive oil, maple syrup, hot water and soy sauce and blitz until smooth
To make the salad:
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and steam until tender
- Steam the edamame beans until tender
- Add to a salad bowl and dress with the nut butter
- Toast some extra peanuts and sprinkle them over your greens along with some black sesame seeds
Green vegetables are packed full of vitamins, but they can sometimes be a little boring. This maple nut butter – made with toasted peanuts – is a great way to add flavour to this dish and provide some extra protein which will help with muscle repair after exercise.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.