- 3 eggs
- 180ml milk
- 60ml whipping cream
- 100ml pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp maple sugar
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for greasing pan
- Beat the eggs, milk, whipping cream and add maple, vanilla and spices
- Place the sourdough slices into the mixture and leave to soak for a few minutes
- Prepare bananas, slice lengthways and roll in maple sugar evenly. Coat pan with oil and heat
- Place soaked bread into a hot pan and leave to cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown
- In a separate pan, heat butter and caramelise sliced bananas on each side
- This dish is delicious with seasonal fruit or toppings such as crispy bacon
Maple and cinnamon-infused French toast topped with caramelised banana – a classic combo for breakfast or brunch.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.