- 225g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 batch basic sticky onions
- 2 x 100g rounds goat’s cheese, sliced
- 4 thyme sprigs
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 50g butter
- 10 medium onions
- 100ml pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- Heat oven to 220°C/ gas 7. Cut the pastry into 4 rectangles and place on a baking sheet.
- Mark a border 1cm in from the edge of the pastry with a sharp knife.
- Spoon the onions into the middle, smooth then top with the cheese and thyme. Drizzle oil and bake for 15-20 mins until cheese has melted and the pastry has risen and is golden brown.
- For the onions: make 600g which is 3 batches. Prep time 5 mins, cooking time 30 mins. Melt the butter in a large, deep frying pan and stir through the onions. Cover with a lid and cook gently for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Remove lid, add maple syrup and then cook for 15-20 mins until all of the liquid has evaporated and onions have turned golden brown.
- Divide into 3 batches to make the recipes right. The tarts will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or can be frozen for 1 month.
A simple and delicious tart filled with rich goats cheese and sweet sticky onions.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.