- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium courgette
- 2 spring onions, trimmed
- Handful of fresh herbs e.g. parsley, coriander
- 10 rounded tbsp (150g) chickpea flour
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 200ml plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Turn the oven to 200oC. Brush a little olive oil over a muffin tin then grate the courgette and place in a bowl.
- Cut the spring onions into small pieces, leaving the ends and add to the courgette.
- Tear the herbs into small pieces and add to the courgette.
- Measure the milk in a jug then measure and add the flour into the milk.
- Add the curry powder and chilli flakes and mix well with a fork to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the courgette mix and stir again to mix.
- Spoon a large tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin tin case. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes until golden. Leave to cool for a minute before removing from the tin.
These delicious pancakes can be enjoyed for breakfast or lunch, or make great picnic treats.
Tip: Alternatively cook the pancakes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brushed with olive oil. Spoon a tablespoon of mixture for each pancake. Repeat with another 5 or 6 spoonfuls on each tray, leaving a little space in-between the pancakes.
This recipe was created in partnership with Cook School. Find out more and download our workbooks for various age ranges.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.