- 45 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 celery stalks, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 45g fresh ginger, chopped
- 125ml pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock
- 500g frozen corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 125ml sour cream
- Chives, to taste
- In a large saucepan over high heat, sauté the squash, onion, celery, garlic, ginger and maple syrup for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Purée until creamy (if the mixture is too thick, add some broth or water).
- Return to pot. Add corn, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with sour cream and chives.
The perfect winter warmer, this hearty corn and butternut squash soup is ideal for a quick midweek meal or as a starter.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.